“It is about fairness, justice and non-discrimination. It is about tolerance, understanding and inclusiveness. It is about upholding the fundamental protections afforded by the Constitution, the basic pillars underpinning our country. These are issues for all Singaporeans.”
NMP Siew Kum Hong
Speech on the Penal Code (Amendment) Bill: 22 October 2007
From the Floor
– Siew Kum Hong: Speech on the Penal Code (Amendment) Bill: 22 October 2007
– The Online Citizen: Section 377A is inconsistent : PAP MP Hri Kumar
– The Online Citizen: 377A serves public morality : NMP Thio Li-Ann
– ST: Indranee Rajah’s remarks during the debate on amendments to the Penal Code. [PDF]
– ST: Remarks by Chris de Souza [PDF]
– CNA: Video Archives
From the Gallery
– The Online Citizen: Repeal 377a press conference: public health and families at stake too
– Musings: Why MPs should read blogs
– Simply Me. Simply Jean.: Section 377A vs Section 377 (and having carnal intercourse with animals)
– Ian on Singapore: Is Being Gay Biological?
– Deep thoughts of a Singapore Critic: Diversity in Adversity ….
– mollymeek: The Molly Awards
– mollymeek: Imbalanced Balance
– In the land of the blind…: NMP Thio Li-Ann and her intellectuallyinferior arguments against repealing S377A
– Hear ye! Hear ye!: Singapore’s law encourages men to rape their wives
– panda domus: 377A
– Dansong: On 377A Nonsense in the Reasonable Hall of the Sensible Nation
– Zuco’s Blog: Thank you Mr Siew.
– empty_vessels: By that logic…
– Rat in the Lab: Won’t somebody please think of the children? (Yet Another 377A Post)
– Diary of a Singaporean Mind: Come on gay Singaporeans don’t feel too bad lah….
– Mr Wang Says So: Revisiting the City of Sodom
– thunderstorms in black & white: ignorance and bigotry has the greatest malice
– The States Times: It’s About The Economy, Stupid
– Daniel’s Place: Homosexuals, and homosexual bigots
– The dissident layman: Penal Code 377A Aversion
– pro377a: Why It’s Not Discrimination to Criminalize Gay Sex
– The armchair critic: Enough already on 377A for f*** sake!!
– Fridae: Singapore Parliamentarians Debate Retention Or Repeal Of Section 377A
– sgForums: Singapore gays allowed a step forward, but pushed two back