Road to Election: An Extra Cooling Off Day for the Fixin
– Asian in America: Time to think before voting rationally?
– Gerald Giam’s Blog: Fixing a problem that doesn’t exist
– Today In Singapore: Dirty Harry Would Be Proud
– journalism.sg: Pre-election “cooling-off” period should not freeze citizen journalism.
– Singaporean Skeptic: PAP Already Has An Unfair Edge.
– The Temasek Review: “Cooling-off” day for voters to reflect “calmly” on their decisions or for the PAP to do last minute campaigning?
– The Temasek Review: Low Thia Kiang: “Cooling-off” period will give PAP an extra day of campaigning
– Singapore Democrats: Proposed Cooling-off Period Designed To Benefit PAP
– Kelvin Teo Writes: Own victim of the GRC success
Strangers in a Strange Land: Falling Productivity
– Sgpolitics.net: There is a productivity revolution sweeping the world and Singapore is not part of it: WHY?
– TOC: “Cheaper, better, faster” may just break the camel’s back
– Temasek Hedge: Falling productivity: Krugman may be right about Singapore after all [Thanks Bink]
– Under the Willow Tree: PAP’s Quick-Fix Mentality will Exacerbate Singapore’s Economic Challenges
Mainstream or X-Stream Media
– Blowin’ In The Wind: Singapore & the Economist: After the sentence cut
– Gerald Giam’s Blog: Where is Singaporekini?
– Jacob 69er: Singapore: Censorship city – The real victims of this repression are Singaporeans
– Singapore Dino: Deja vu: Govt interferes with mr brown’s work again
Singaporeans are fed up with progress!
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Meritocracy and an unequal society..
Re education: To Bi or not to Bi
– Times They Are A-Changin’: Truth Hurts..
– Singapore Alternatives: Education Hub of Degree Mill?
– The Temasek Review: Immigration and public housing: Should the govt or the people plan ahead?
A jobless recovery
– Blowin’ In The Wind: DBS’ Dubai loans exceed most foreign banks’ UAE loans
We are against capital punishment
– Rachel Zeng’s blog: Final court appeal for Yong Vui Kong
– Jaslyn Go’s Blog: To err is human; to forgive, divine – Yong Vui Kong is human too!
– Mathia Lee: World AIDS Day
– work class historian: The Weakening of Empathy: A University Case
– running legs: We are one!
– journalism.sg: IPS Report Refutes Criticisms Of Straits Times’ Aware Coverage
– Seelan Palay’s Blog: The art of diversity [Thanks Seelan]
– Knowledge@SMU: Thio Li-ann on Free Speech, Social Values and Sustainable Democracy [Thanks Jack H]
Life, the universe and everything
– Ian On The Red Dot: Welcome To Singapore … Here’s How We Don’t Do Business
– SGEntrepreneurs: RIP CrunchPad [Thanks BL]
– Icarus Flew Too High: “Haven’t I Seen This Somewhere Before?”
– AngryAngMo: List Of Singapore Clubs/Bars That Charge For Tap Water! (Please Help)