– TOC: Budget does little to address main issues faced by S’poreans
– Sgpolitics: Just how progressive is Budget 2010?
– The Temasek Review: $7 billion dollar plan to make Singaporeans work “smarter”
– The Temasek Review: Why the hike in Foreign Worker Levy will benefit the govt more than ordinary workers
– Yaw Shin Leong: Thoughts on Budget Speech 2010
– Singapore Alternatives: NSP’s response to Budget 2010
– Singabloodypore: Singapore’s Budget 2010 exposed
– Blowin’ In The Wind: Defence spending 25%, education 21%
– Recruit Ong: Preserving the status quo
– My Little Corner: New CPI Basket for 2010
– My sketchbook: After budget day
– Bloomberg: Singapore Withdraws Red Carpet for Foreigners With Eye on Vote [Thanks Gerald]
– WSJ: Singapore Moves to Curtail Immigration [Thanks Gerald]
Sorry Rony Recants
– TOC: The Rony Tan in each of us
– Tan Tarn How: Comments to media on allegedly racist Facebook and Rony Tan cases Part  
– Kennethism: Tan Tarn How: The churches are silent [Thanks Kenneth]
– Kennethism: Pastor Yang Tuck Yoong of Cornerstone Community Church agrees with Rony Tan that gays are paedophiles and zoophiles [Thanks Kenneth]
– The Sketch Times: To Err is Human, To Say Sorry is Divine
Countdown to Election
– Singapore Alternatives: A call for Clarity from Mah Bow Tan and HDB
– Tantalizine: What SGD490,000 Buys You Elsewhere
– The Asia File: Singapore government dodges Malay education issue again [Thanks Ben]
– Mathia Lee: Straight/LGBT: how do you pick your label?
– The Temasek Review: S-League Insight: FAS fails to learn from past mistakes
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Economy : Where we are headed..
– Yours Truly Singapore: Tailoring political systems to fit
– Rachel Zeng: Is fulfilling the role of our gender a necessity?
– Small steps for Social PR: Daily average SPH newspapers circulation for August 2006, August 2007, August 2008 and August 2009
Selected News Stories [Thanks Gerald Ho]
– Bloomberg: Singapore’s Consumer Prices Rose on Transportation, Healthcare
– NYT: Asia’s Boom Conceals Some Darker Prospects
– Sydney Morning Herald: Outdated political thuggery embarrasses Malaysia [via Seelan Palay]
– Reuters: How will the judges rule on Thaksin’s billions?
– Slate: Basically, It’s Over [via Diary of A Singaporean Mind]
– NYT: Q & A: Clinical Trials for Cancer
– Education-Portal: 20 of the Best Search Engines for Students
– Reuters: Her Facebook status changed to “single?” Ur dumped
– Guardian: Winter Olympics: day 11