Budget 2010 Debate
– New Asia Republic: Why not a living wage?
– Gerald Giam: Tackling income inequality should be Govt’s top priority
– Ian On The Red Dot: Wages & Productivity – Building A Cathedral From Scratch
– The Temasek Review: Eight Reasons Why Foreign Workers Will be Preferred Over Our Local Ones
– Gerald Giam: Low Thia Khiang: Don’t cut pay of workers who reach 60
– Gerald Giam: Low Thia Khiang: Give part-time and contract workers have good training opportunities
Countdown to Elections
– Sgpolitics.net: Has Singapore a Future?
Strangers in a Strange Land
– The Temasek Review: GLC Keppel Corp mass-recruiting Malaysians for jobs in Singapore
Singaporeans are fed, up with progress!
– TOC: $2 billion in PAP town councils’ sinking funds but need to increase charges?
– The Temasek Review: Declining wages of Singaporeans and the continued denial of PAP leaders
– The Temasek Review: 3 local varsities raise fees for Singapore students again
Lee vs Chee
– TOC: ST and LHZB censor Chee’s letter on PAP undermining Singapore’s interests
– Trapper’s Swamp: Broad definitions make for bad laws
– New Asia Republic: On rights and freedom of action [Thanks Donaldson]
– The Temasek Review: Only 11 cases of successful Public Assistance (PA) applicants from July 2008 to December 2009
– guanyinmiao’s musings: The Same Old Chinese / Mandarin Dilemma
– The Kent Ridge Common: KRMF 2010 takes a positive turn
Life, the universe and everything
– The Long and Winding Road: The magical hill with a fairy-tale like mansion that was Mount Sophia
– Singaporean Skeptic: It is called football (not soccer)!
Selected News Stories [Thanks Gerald Ho]
– CNN Go: It’s finally open — First look (and ride) at Universal Studios Singapore
– Reuters: Universal Studios Singapore courts 8 for lucky launch
– Crosscut: Singapore’s national dish: Hainan chicken rice
– The Age: Australia faces housing affordability ‘time bomb’: developer
– Reuters: Recession left “walking wounded” workers
– NYT Opinion: Changing the Vatican’s Response to Abuse
– Reuters: The promise of seven blood baths in Bangkok and no violence [bloody pics]
– Crack Two: Pollution makes for nice pics [large pics]