“If you don’t even acknowledge their existence, how are you even going to start that conversation with kids who are confused (or sure) about their sexuality?”
“If the rampant ignorance and prejudicial attitudes concerning the young is anything to go by, the rest that is adult Singapore is in dire need of education.”
“..you will never find a labor union chief in any other country that will speak out against paying workers a minimum decent living wage.”
“By oppressing expression is to breed rebellion, by drawing a line is to invite someone to cross it, by labelling everything either black or white is to lose an entire spectrum of colours.”
This week’s roundup and recommended reads after the break.
Temasek Review vs TNP
– The Temasek Review: Temasek Review’s response to TNP’s misleading article
– The Temasek Review: Former TR contributor: TNP journalist concocted article to smear TR
– Chemical Generation Singapore: Temasek Review Reviewed
– Unbranded Bread n Butter: Wayang Kulit Ends: Wayangparty & Temasek Review Owner Exposed.
– Civic Advocator: Dr Joseph Ong Chor Teck isn’t Dr Death
– Ravi Philemon: TR and SDP’s allegations about Singapore Police Force
– Jacob 69er: SDP: Stop harrassment of Temasek Review
– Singapore Notes: Stuff That Sells Papers
– Anonymous_X: Dr Joseph Ong Chor Teck, Temasek Review founder exposed..
– from pressrun.net: The website’s the big story even in print
– Coffee Shop Talk: TR report in TNP – Full articles reproduced here [Thanks Anon]
– TOC: TOC Latest: Temasek Review shut down
– Simply Gab: Stop the harrassment of Dr Joseph Ong
– Words of the Cze:Cliffhanger
– The Void Deck: Temasek MIA (for now)
– The Temasek Review: TR’s editorial team rejects TNP’s journalist Ms. Ng “coffee session” invitation
– Support Site for the Unemployed: Authorities Feeling The Heat On Rising Popularity of Socio-political Sites?
Countdown to Elections
– The Temasek Review: PAP’s hypocritical Political Donations Act
– The Void Deck: Politics with a Punch!
– Gerald Giam: Meet me at WP Open House
– Lee Wai Leong Facebook: Top 10 Misconceptions about Singapore Politics: Part I [Thanks Wai Leong]
– The Temasek Review: Open Letter to PM Lee Hsien Loong on by-election in AMK GRC
– New Asia Republic: Hamim to replace Desmond Lim as SDA Secretary-General
– Singapore Alternatives: Dawn of Post-LKY era
– VotingRp: Walk with the Reform Party
– SDA Supporter Facebook: Response to Straits Times article “Chiam wants to oust ex-protege from top post”, (by Kor Kian Beng & Tessa Wong) 12 October 201
– The Temasek Review: Singaporeans are going to the poll afterall
– Jacob 69er: Secretary-General of Singapore Democratic Party asks Judge to check PAP’s abuse of power
– TOC: Lily Neo treats the elderly in her ward like her grandma
– Feed Me To The Fish: I’m Not An Elite But Can You Vote For Me?
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: General Election on the way?
– Support Site for the Unemployed: Predominant Party System To End Soon in Singapore?
– The Temasek Review: Be realistic about the next General Election
– The Temasek Review: Is the PAP using the deceased Dr Balaji and Mrs Lee to gain public sympathy?
– FTP: Ruling PAP ramps up elections preparations
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Lim Swee Say : Minimum wage has no place in Singapore… [Recommended]
– Singapore Notes: It’s Just So Scary
– Thoughts of a Cynical Investor: Improve WorkFare not press for Minimum Wage
– Singapore Notes: How Low Will They Go?
– Lee Wai Leong Facebook: Min Wage Raises Productivity? Says Who? [Thanks Wai Leong]
Leaving no ones behind
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Wealth or Extreme Inequality?
– pressrun.net: Singapore ‘average wealth per adult’ owned by less than 20%
– Thoughts of a Cynical Investor: The dark side of a global city
– TOC: Assistance for eldery and poor – whither our priorities? [Recommended]
– TOC: Most needy elderly patients getting Govt subsidies: Really?
– squareCircleZ: Singapore wealth – mean and median?
– Thoughts of a Cynical Investor: Reducing inequalities: rich benefit too
– guanyinmiao’s musings: The Calm Before The Storm: Is the Singapore Education System In Crisis? [Recommended]
– The Enquirer: Dr Michael Heng’s allegations not addressed by NTU at all
– voix.deviant: a rather sad reality of public schooling [Thanks Ian]
– Sam’s thoughts: Society needs education, not the ACJC girls
– guanyinmiao’s musings: Empowering Individuals Through Cyber-Wellness Education
Ministars Get Rich or Die Tryin
– Singapore Notes: Sure Formula For Richness
Strangers in a Strange Land
– Words of the Cze: Perception
– De Leviathan @ SG: The Property Bubble & Investment Trap Part X – External Drivers to Watch for Further Price Fall
Blueprint for a Sin City
– guanyinmiao’s musings: Problem Gambling, Not Gambling Per Se, Should Be The Concern
– Chemical Generation Singapore: Singapore’s Casino Gamble
– WSJ: Singapore: A Long Way From Vegas
– THIS HEADLINE HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR OWN GOOD –
– funny little world: Which came first: Homophobia or Censorship?
ERPains, Trains & Automobiles
– My Little Corner: The 26 charging stations are not really usable
We are against capital punishment
– The Death Penalty in Singapore: SADPC’s World Day Against the Death Penalty message
– The Void Deck: UK Minister Telling Us what to Think on the Death Penalty
– The Temasek Review: Defending the Lion City: Defend who?
– TOC: Nursing homes eating Government payouts?
– The Rot Within: On Attempts in R&D in Asia
– Weekday Blues: Compulsory Heterosexuality [Thanks mark]
– flaneurose: ACS – Weekus Horribilis
– innersanctum: home
– New Asia Republic: ASEAN: Moving forward with the world behind it
– ST Forum: Varsities should act on cyber bullying
– ST Forum: Fatal online prank
– Mathia Lee: Mobility
– Today’s Mostly Cloudy: How do you lose something as huge as a time capsule?
– New Asia Republic: Is Greed Good?
– ST Forum: Swim chief’s remarks simply uncalled for
– SALT: One woman’s quest to stop human trafficking around the world.
– ST Forum: Rationale for IPPT changes – Come again?
– Today’s Mostly Cloudy: No tourist? Blame it on those ATAS hotels
– pressrun.net: Singapore economy hit by worst quarter in a year
– pressrun.net: SPH newspaper revenues lower than 2 years ago
– Thinker, Writer, Magus, Man: What Readers (May) Want [Recommended]
– Laïcité – Secularity and Secularism: Radicalism – no single religion’s burden
– Temasek Hedge: As hot money and billionaires continue flight from USD, MAS throws doors open wider
– pressrun.net: US wants to inflate the world: Martin Wolf
Life, the universe and everything
– department of crappy engineering: 10/10/10
– Chia Ti Lik’s Blog: What does 7 nights in Teochew Town do to a man?
– Random Thoughts Of A Free Thinker: Disconnect to Connect
– Subba’s Serendipitous moments: If Google’s search speed is not fast enough, try Instant!
– Dee Kay Dot As Gee: Dim Sum Dollies Spoof: Mai Kao Pei
– Random Thoughts Of A Free Thinker: A short film on dementia — “Going Home”
– Weekday Blues: Not Interested… Yet.
– Social Media & Digital Marketing: The Social Network – Movie Review
– under a Pipala Tree: This is a GEM!
– TOC: TOC pays tribute to soccer legend, Dollah Kassim
– Sgpolitics.net: Football legend Dollah Kassim passes away
– Small steps for Social PR: The Bear Youtube video that cried wolf