Singapore General Election 2011
– Gerald Giam: WP Manifesto launch speech
– Yaw Shin Leong: Towards A First World Parliament
– Reinventing the Rice Bowl: National Service- by guest spot author Gordon Lee.
– Yawning Bread on WordPress: Solid but with holes: the Workers’ Party manifesto
– Observing Singapore Elections 2011: What is wrong with Reform Party???
– Blogging for Myself: The SDP contesting here
– TOC: NSP may contest up to five GRCs in this elections
– TOC: Chiam’s GRC team taking shape
– TOC: WP unveils manifesto and campaign slogan for GE
– TOC: SDP Promise – a contract between party and constituents
– The Temasek Review: Reform Party: NSP deliberately sought 3-cornered fights
– New Asia Republic: LTK: I know what’s wrong with Opposition
– New Asia Republic: “He opened my window to politics” – Lina Luo
– New Asia Republic: Worker’s Party launches Manifesto (09/04/2011) [pics]
– New Asia Republic: The SDP Promise (09/04/2011) [pics]
– New Asia Republic: SPP Walkabout (10/04/2011) [pics]
– CNA: Reform Party in talks to share candidates with other opposition parties
– Today: Chiam’s wish of contesting in a GRC coming true
A message from Donaldson Tan, editor of New Asia Republic [Thanks Donaldson]
In view of General Election 2011, New Asia Republic hereby releases all our photographs published in the photo album section of our Facebook Page to the blogging community under the Creative Commons license, with exception of the photo albums listed in the Exemption List. [Click here for more information]
New Mandarins on the Block
– The Kent Ridge Common: Why we ought to be disappointed with Lim Hwee Hua’s comments: An Anthology of Criticisms against Tin Pei Ling
– Thoughts of a Cynical Investor: PR Pros: The PAP needs yr help
– onesingaporean: Ms Lim, Mr Lim, Mr Yeo, please keep in touch
– SpotlightOnSingapore: Rise above gender issue: barking up wrong tree
– The Rot Within: Excuses
– The Star: ‘High-flyers shy away when the money is good’
– ST Forum: Team walkovers
– Ravi Philemon: Question Time with the Prime Minister
– TOC: What has become of the PAP?
– Sam’s thoughts: What on Earth is the Ground?
– only blue, only blue: Government: A more complicated concept than you think
– Abdillah Zamzuri: Politically Apathetic Malays, True?
– Support Site for The Unemployed: Voter’s Cry: Have we lost our SOUL? Quality of Life Has Deteriorated
– Thetwophilo’s Blog: Why Opposition MPs Are Value-For-Your-Money [Thanks George]
– The Thinking Fish Tank: Addressing the Undercurrents in Singapore Politics
– The Temasek Review: Two Party Systems, Talent, and lots of Hard Truths
– Singapore Notes: Sour Grapes
– Singapore Notes: Insurance Definitely Required
– guanyinmiao’s musings: The Internet And Social Media: What Minister George Yeo Has Overlooked
– Times They Are A-Changin’: Are you ready for change?
– Unbranded Bread n Butter: My Daddy Got Pension. Suck it Lesser mortals!
– Singapore Dino: Sloppy reporting by CNA and ST on SDP
– My sketchbook: The “insurance policy” for Singapore
We are against capital punishment
– Yawning Bread on WordPress: Struggling to come alive: Singapore’s anti-death penalty campaign
– funny little world: A Letter to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
– TOC: Sister of death row inmate – “Are you helping good people or bad people?”
– TOC: To President S R Nathan: I plead with you to show mercy and grant Yong a reprieve
– Justice for Chun Yin Facebook: Info [Thanks Kirsten]
ERPains, Trains & Automobiles
– My Little Corner: Another reminder why our infrastructure cannot support the population
– TOC: Reflecting on “Reflections” – A review of Mah Bow Tan’s book (Part 9 of 9)
S’poreans, a dying breed
– New Asia Republic: On Fertility and Defence
– expressing the unexpressed: We are not a threat.
– The Kent Ridge Common: Comparing Yale in NUS and Cornell in Qatar
Your National Service
– Senang Diri: Maid in Singapore: The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) maid saga reviewed
– New Asia Republic: YOG: Setting Singaporeans ablaze
– New Nation: Who values online privacy anymore?
– The Rot Within: MTI loses patience
– pressrun.net: Singapore Exchange partners criticize Australia
– The Temple Of Thoughts 3: Society Misconception to the Arts
Selected News Stories
– Following the Sunrise: Singapore: It is better to be feared than loved
– The Philippines Star: We are being left behind [Thanks Willy]
– SMAH: If Lee can, you, too, should grab a share [Thanks George]
– China Daily: Wen emphasizes political reform [Thanks Estee]