Minister Salaries + Pension
– Singapore Recalcitrant: A Referendum on the Ministerial Pay
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: Is this the PAP value system?
– Molitics: Dr. Lim Wee Kiat Enlightens Us
– The Satay club: DOES MONEY EQUAL DIGNITY?
– Thoughts of a Singapore Statistician: DPM Teo hints that Minister salaries will be cut by only a “little bit”
– The Temasek Review: Salary Review Committee another blatant farce
– ex Chersonesus Aurea: The face of the Singaporean elites: a cretinous snob
– Thoughts of a Cynical Investor: With MPs like these, PAP does not need enemies
– Teo Soh Lung FB: Review of ministerial salaries
– Singapore Actually: I Think Ministerial Pay Should be Linked 100% to Median Income of Citizens
– My Singapore News: Try a different thinking cap
– Life of a simple boy: So how much is your dignity worth?
– Think Happiness: Ministerial Salary for Leader of the Opposition?
– Free Malaysia Today: It’s payback time!
– Yahoo: ‘Don’t peg ministerial pay to private sector’’
– Yahoo: Ministerial salaries: Social compact or commercial contract?
GE 2011 – A vote for change
– Yawning Bread on WordPress: Reform agenda can backslide unless free speech and human rights entrenched
– Article 14: Where do we go now?
– TOC: Gratefulness has nothing to do with it
– TOC: Bring Eric Tan back to the party: WP volunteers
– Sgpolitics: PAP MPs are so used to a biased press, they can’t stand a free one
– New Nation: Be thankful for 50 years of white
– UnbiasedElectorate: The Post-Lee Singapore?
– Youtube: Mr. Low Thia Kiang’s 1st Aljunied Meet The People Session @ Aljunied GRC
– Yahoo: ‘Can PM Lee win over civil service sector?’
– NL-Aid: Singapore’s General Election: First signs of a chink in PAP’s armor?
Harry and Peanut Goh – down but not out
– The Temasek Review: An open letter to Lee Kuan Yew
– pengtoh’s blog: HDB and the great asset misconception
– pengtoh’s blog: Follow up: HDB leases will end at ZERO
– Diary of A Singaporean Mind: How to contain the effects of foreign buying of property…
– Today Voices: Create cheaper class of flats
– iProperty.com: Strong foreign presence in private property market
– People’s Daily: Foreigner buyers hit record in Singapore’s private home market in Q1
pengtoh’s 2 articles are a big fat reality check for everyone owning/planning to own a HDB flat (even 99-year private leasehold properties). And yes, that “R” word does appear on the contract you sign when you “buy” a HDB flat.
ERPains, Trains & Automobiles
– Scrutinizing the Singapore government: Drive towards Satellite ERP system: Might as well solve the root of the problem
– Singapore Social and Political Thoughts: ERP Trial to Test Robustness of Satellite Based ERP
Healthcare & Healthcare Providers
– Singapore M.D.: “Why Physician Compensation Plans Fail”
– Singapore Notes: Questions For The Education Minister
We are against capital punishment
– TOC: The Mandatory Death Penalty
– We Believe In Second Chances: Letters from Vui Kong – The Sixth Letter : Friendship and Hope
– TOC: REACHing out? Try a little humility first
– Sgpolitics: Dead bodies in water tanks, MRT graffiti, and the outsourcing menace
– SpotlightOnSingapore: Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) media biased says one in two only?
Life, the universe and everything
– visakan veerasamy: Is Singapore a gaze-averse nation?
– funny little world: The ticking clock.
– The Base Leg Blog: Preview: RSAF Open House 2011, Paya Lebar Airbase [Thanks Mike]
– Moving Higher In Souped-up Heuristically Agon Moment: Our Air Force, Defending Our Skies. RSAF Open House’11.
– OECD Better Life Initiative: There is more to life than the cold numbers of GDP and economic statistics