GE 2011 – A vote for change
– guanyinmiao’s musings: Heralding A New Era: The Ruling Party’s Political Rejuvenation?
– Mr Wang Says So: PM Lee Defends His Own Grassroots Activists From Internal Flak
– The Kent Ridge Common: Articles To Restore Sanity: Episode 1 – Singapore’s Voting and GRC System
– Dee Kay Dot As Gee: A need for cooling period after nomination day
– SpotlightOnSingapore: Tan Cheng Bock to run for President: ruling party getting nervous?
– Blogging for Myself: Dr. Tan Cheng Bock vs the PAP
– The Malaysian Insider: Expect a different kind of presidential election in Singapore — Eugene K.B. Tan
– Yahoo: Netizens list their choice for President
Minister Salaries + Pension
– Thoughts of a Singapore Statistician: MP Yeo replies on his 64 “affiliations”
Singaporeans are fed, up with progress!
– Blogging for Myself: PM: No common sense
Fixing the Opposition
– Political Writings: $35,0000… And That’s All She Wrote
Healthcare & Healthcare Providers
– Singapore M.D.: “There is no abuse”
GIC, Temasek State Funds Investments
– The Satay Club: EIRCOM: ANOTHER UNWISE INVESTMENT?
– Thinker, Writer, Magus, Man: Changing Times
– Article 14: How does a Town Council decide on awarding a contract to a Managing Agent?
– A Singaporean says: Time and Place for Everything
– Yawning Bread on WordPress: Where fish come from, labour laws don’t go
– TOC: Hannah’s Ordeal
Life, the universe and everything
– Too Much Energy: Conversations with Taxi Drivers [Thanks
– Support Site for The Unemployed: Support the Hong Lim Park Event For The Unemployed & Under-employed on 4 June (Sat) at 5pm
– Too Much Enery: “Have you seen the poor?”
The following is a public service announcement:
Will you support Willing Hearts?
Willing Hearts is holding its funfair next weekend. Called ‘Day of Cheer’, it will be held at the grounds of High Point. Since its the weekend and school holidays, why not bring the family along for some cheer and do your bit for charity at the same time? Details below :
Date: 4th June 2011 (Saturday)
Time: 9am – 1pm
Venue: Willing Hearts @ High Point (Geylang Lor 21)
– 2500 elderly and children with parents will be invited to the funfair.
– Singing competition for children.
Any contributions for food, please call Willing Hearts at 96902086. The funfair is jointly organized by Willing Hearts, HighPoint and Ching Hong
If you’d like to volunteer with Willing Hearts, do visit their website here to find out more. Or simply pop down to the kitchen in Geylang – no skills required, just a willing heart to serve. The kitchen operates from 6.30 am onwards, 365 days a year. A good time to pop by is between 7 am to 8 am. Ask for Tony when you get there — and be prepared for some hours of fulfilling work.
You can also read about hunnybunx’s experience volunteering with Willing Hearts at her blog Too Much Energy. [Thanks W]