Daily SG: 9 Jan 2014
Credit: Cartoon Press
Hospital Bed Crunch
– TOC: Make patients comfortable: Health Minister
– Bertha Harian: Patients’ blue Christmas
– The Independent, SG: Like in a Third World country
– Jeremy Chen’s Website: Hospital Overcrowding due to Holiday Season? What About the Diversion of Public Resources to Medical Tourism?
– Singapore Notes: Looking Like A War Zone
– My Singapore News: We can cope with 6.9m?
– New Nation: Alfresco hospital stay the latest draw in S’pore
Welfare is a dirty word in Stingypore
– Yahoo! SG: Singapore sets basic wage of S$1,000 for cleaners
– Chemical Generation: Minimum Wage by Another Name?: The Progressive Wage Model
Educate Our Youth
– Everything Also Complain: Mission school students forced to attend chapel sessions
– I on Singapore: “Opt-out” System in Mission Schools: Respecting religious freedom and parental responsibility
Singapore’s modern slave trade low skilled foreign labour
– Kirsten Han: Comment: Will free yoga lessons really help foreign workers?
Either/Or: Civil Society Activism/Politics
– Sgpolitics.net: Two encouraging indicators of the potency of civil activism
– Singapolitics: Consider what compassionate meritocracy entails
– The Unseen Singapore: The Unseen Singapore #18 Hard Truths Series: Singapore’s Infrastructure Woes
Browser browser through our dailies to read what Singaporean bloggers are saying.