A History of Singapore
– Walter Woon For The Straits Times: The fall of Singapore: Shades of grey
It may be 75 years, but the events and feelings around the fall of Singapore to the Japanese, including the rise of the Indian National Army and Sino-Japan hostilities, still resonate today.
– akikonomu: We need to reconsider how Singapore remembers WW2
“Why is the image of the surrender to the Japanese more prominent in our historical memory than the image of the Japanese surrender?”
The Water Price Hike
It seems as though the water price hike is getting everyone hot under the collar. Do you believe the price hike to be justified?
– MoneySmart.sg: Budget 2017’s Water Price Hike – What You’re Not Hearing About the 30% Increase
– Thoughts of Real Singaporeans: We examine PUB’s profit margin after latest water price increase
– MothershipSG: WP’s Pritam Singh crowdsourcing ideas for water-hike speech for upcoming Budget debatePritam Singh has posted the draft of his parliamentary speech online, and appears to be consulting Singaporeans for feedback.
– The Ridge Magazine: Censorship in Singapore
– The Middle Ground: Kopi with Bertha: Do we have double standards?
– MothershipSG: Joseph Schooling smashing 2nd record at US meet proves he’s super consistent
– The Online Citizen: SSG takes action against over 4,400 individuals for false SkillsFuture Credit claims, totalling $2.2 million
Bread and Butter
– Salary.sg: Moving House on a Tight Budget
– The New Savvy: 4 Tips on Improving & Building Your Credit Score in Singapore
– The Independent SG: 5 Women in Singapore Who Show Us How to Have Successful Careers
Singapore Food Paradise
– Pinky Pinggu: The Wall @ Tanjong Pagar ~ A Bar Specializing In Whisky From All Over The World & Japanese Sumiyaki
– Daniel Food Diary: Kajiken – Dry Japanese Ramen At Novena Square 2, Something Like “Bak Chor Mee”
Meet The Parents
– Dinomama: Young Living Thieves Cleaning Products
Browse through our dailies to read what Singaporean bloggers are saying.