Credit: My Sketchbook
– The Online Citizen: Indonesia advocates for Australia to join Asean
– The Conversation: How an Ethiopia-backed port is changing power dynamics in the Horn of Africa
– The Conversation: Russians are starved of alternative viewpoints by their media’s united anti-Western front
– Popular Science: A Chinese shipbuilder accidentally revealed its major navy plans
– MothershipSG: Lee Kuan Yew compelled to join politics after being slapped by Japanese soldier in 1942
– The Independent: Select committee beating old drum
– Ryan Goh: Life through these eyes: High SES, Low SES. What’s the fuss about?
– Unscrambled.sg: MOE isn’t teaching kids stereotypes about SES via social studies
– The Independent: NUS declines to comment on historian’s claim that he was penalised for critical research on Lee Kuan Yew
Singapore’s World Class Public Transport
– The Online Citizen: Taipei Metro improves with experienced civil engineer but Singapore’s MRT becomes “laughing stock” under paper general
– Must Share News: SMRT Aims To Improve Service With F1 Technology, But Will It Work?
Bread and Butter
– The Economist: Worldwide Cost of Living Report 2018
– Dollars and Sense: CPF LIFE Escalating Plan: What You Need To Understand About The Latest CPF LIFE Plan Before Opting For It
– The Independent: Government-backed labour movement confirms it did gather feedback on GST hike ahead of Budget 2018
– MothershipSG: S’porean Grab driver complains about paying taxes on S$38,000 income, gets schooled
– TWC2: TWC2 Submits Proposal For Improving Singapore’s Employment Act
Singapore Food Paradise
– Miss Tam Chiak: House of Beehoon – Affordable Zi Char Dishes in a Restaurant!
– The Dead Cockroach: 鹏TIONG BAHRU WANTON MEE 鹏中峇鲁雲吞麵 @ MARKET STREET INTERIM HAWKER CENTRE
– SG Food on Foot: L’Espresso @ Goodwood Park Hotel – The ‘Chocolate Divine’ English Afternoon Tea
– Ordinary Patrons: A lazy afternoon of Mediterranean food in Singapore (Orchard Road)
Browse through our dailies to read what Singaporean bloggers are saying.