Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 14 Jul 2016 #mrt #coverup #foreigners #education
• What Khaw Boon Wan said is reasonable
• MPs express concerns over possible hike in lift maintenance cost after new regulation kicks in
• SIA flight attendant regrets renting flat to foreign ex-offender’s family
• PSLE changes: Broader bands and psychological games
• Scam Alert! DHL Scammers Are Now Impersonating OCBC, DBS, MOM & SP Services
Today, one of my friends, Darius Cheung, a successful serial entrepreneur, and currently founder of 99.co, Singapore’s #1 real estate portal, found himself in the center of an Internet Social Media catastrophe that led to him firing one of his staff, an SEO consultant, who was an Australian expatriate.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 13 Jul 2016 #mrt #coverup #foreigners #southchinasea
• MOT Minister Khaw says non transparency can prevent undue panic
• 14 Car Parks in Singapore You Didn’t Know Had Free Parking (2016 Edition)
• Foreigners unhappy with S’pore must aim higher by insulting everyone on a global level
• Typical S’porean response on freedom of speech
• South China Sea – An alignment of forces for domination and control
Now I know what you are going to say – yes there is a difference between a child who scores badly in an exam because he simply didn’t revise and a child who has tried his very best but still fails because he is, well, plain stupid. However, the problem with Asian parents is that they tend to go into denial.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 12 Jul 2016 #scdf #pokemongo #socialmedia #subjudice
• SCDF rescues man dangling precariously on clothes drying rack in highrise flat
• You can’t catch Pokemon in ‘f**king shitty’ Singapore
• Social Media Firing Shows Why We REALLY NEED To Clamp Down On What We Say Online
• Government introduces ‘harsh’ bill in parliament to quell sub judice
• Strawberry generation – the result of overprotective parents?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 11 Jul 2016 #censorship #terrorism #scam #mrt
• Islamic State’s First Terror Attack next to Singapore
• Silence of SMRT, LTA & MoT explained
• Most Hilarious Responses to Lottery and DHL Scammers
• When can Facebook take down your post?
• Preschool kid made to wear hair clip in front of class
Does Singapore need to become a much colder, unfeeling place in order for the scams to stop? I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe not. What is apparent is these foreign scammers are testing the limits of our kindness, and if we don’t find a way to stop them soon, we’ll just have to get by trusting our fellow human beings a little less everyday.
Remember that SMRT announced last year that it would be adding trains to shorten train service intervals. The current move to recall 26 trains removes 11 per cent from the current fleet’s capacity. Should we expect a corresponding decrease in service reliability and a lengthening of service timings?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Jul 2016 #parking #terrorism #lta #mrt
• Should We Be Concerned About The Recent Increases In Car Park Charges
• Increase in Car Park Charges – Car Owners Dismay, Investors Cheer
• Defective Trains: “Discuss Things Openly, Tell People The Truth”
• Recalibrating the Islamic State Threat in Southeast Asia
• I Am Afraid Of Terrorism But Not As Much As Muslims Are
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 7 Jul 2016 #facebook #lta #china #mrt
• If You’re a Contract Employee in Singapore, Don’t Let Your Employer Cheat You of These 3 Things to Which You’re Now Entitled
• Don’t Anyhow Say: FB Post Stating You Can’t Hold Your Phone While Driving Is Totally Inaccurate
• Made-in-China trains spark safety concerns in Hong Kong, US
• Train defects reveal deeper problems doing business with PRCs
• Facebook: Today S’pore, tom China
If you hold stocks for a particular company, you’re likely to be invited to an AGM. An AGM is an opportunity for shareholders to ask questions of a company’s management. Wise investors use this opportunity to ask how much they are getting paid in dividends, what the company’s prospects are, and whether expansion and profit goals are met.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 5 Jul 2016 #censorship #terrorism #ramadan #isis
• Secure Company Buy-In For Lifelong Learning
• ISIS attacks Malaysia
• Grieving faces of Baghdad, Dhaka, Istanbul
• Facebook bans ex-political detainee Teo Soh Lung’s posts in its platform
• Why I refuse to send my four-year-old to extra-curricular classes after school