In this case, the pitch forks have come out, but for what cause? To demonize bad behaviour and teach that arrogant woman a lesson? That’s probably part of the reason, but before we rush to join the mob, maybe we should give some thought to how we can use our energy for the betterment of the very people we claim to protect, that is, the poor, the elderly and the disabled.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Jun 2016 #internetban #ida #publicservants #foodragelady
• Singapore Government Bans Internet
• Bad News, Public Servants: IDA To Pull The Plug On Your Internet
• It’s on Facebook! It bashes PAP! IT MUST BE TRUE!
• NO! to Foreign Intervention, or Freedom to Love?
• MSF responds to mother’s allegations that baby was ‘stolen’
Cardmembers can easily give their teenage children supplementary cards. But should Singaporean teens be using credit cards in the first place? Credit card holders are able to obtain supplementary cards, often for other immediate family members. This raises the issue of whether Singaporean teenagers should have access to them.
One would submit that the post by FAP was made to discredit Dr Chee – using the political credibility of Dr Tan – and to gain political advantage for the PAP candidate on Polling Day itself. And thus, the question is raised: Why is the Elections Department not taking the FAP page owners to task, in the same way it has taken others to task?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 7 Jun 2016 #hengsweekeat #lgbt #alternativemedia #activism
• Singapore government slams TRE report for saying Heng Swee Keat’s medical expenses paid by taxpayers
• Inconvenient facts about the Indian, Teo and Roy
• Why Turn Gay People Straight? Changing Them To Feel Better
• Everyone feels the chill when the wind blows in Singapore
• ACS boys will never get conned by DHL scam. Here’s why
What I am seeking will be Time Freedom instead. I would like to have Time Freedom to do what I would like to do without binding myself to a job. Can one resign from a job now and regain back the time for oneself? Most often than not, when people resign from one job, they tend to go and find another job.
The rot for Noble Group started in 2015 when it engaged in an epic battle with US short-seller Muddy Waters and research firm Iceberg Research over Noble Group’s questionable accounting practices and allegations of misleading debt levels. Whether who was right or wrong was immaterial but the market had spoken when Noble Group started sliding from $0.90 in 2015 to the current price of $0.23. And in the history of SGX-listed companies, there were very few successful turnaround stories.
The recent closure of a particular film production company has left a group of local freelance film crew frustrated and upset because none of them have been paid for X number of jobs. While I understand that this is an unfortunate situation, I believe something needs to be done for this group of skilled professionals who are not protected by any union or association.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 6 Jun 2016 #pinkdotsg #lgbt #foodragelady #jem
• Food rage lady should have been dragged out of the mall
• Never Ever Come In Between A Fat Woman And Her Food!
• Eh no la. Bat shit crazy raging lady in red not grassroots leader la
• So Bad, They’re Almost Good: LGBT S’poreans React To Homophobic Comments
• Govt warning to Pink Dot participants
With the attention of the general public conveniently steered towards such comparatively trivial distractions, there is little chance that anything will change in respect to the application of the death penalty, the election of parliamentarians on GRC tickets, and other issues which are similarly kept under the radar.
This year some conservative groups called for no overseas intervention in Singapore politics. They petitioned that foreigners should not be allowed to attend PinkDot so as to not “interfere” with Singaporean culture, as though they are spreading homosexuality here. I find this amusing because it couldn’t be further from reality.
What we have in Singapore is a moving average of tolerance and acceptance towards disabled and special-needs people studying, working and socialising amongst us. I hope that we will shift that moving average away from the ‘zoo’ mentality towards respecting the right of every living person (even if we have to accommodate their disabilities and special needs) to be treated like any other human being.
However, is the PAP likely to set up an independent election commission? All its actions show its resentment towards dissent against its rule and desire to suppress alternative political views, even as it pays lip service to being inclusive in governance. It continually criticises and makes things difficult for alternative media. Ministers threaten to sue ordinary citizens into bankruptcy for defamation.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 3 Jun 2016 #salary #cpf #lgbt #spf #coolingoffday
• TISG is fully cooperating with police investigations in alleged breaches of Cooling Off / Polling Day restrictions
• Aging & Japan’s Economy
• How to solve the longevity problem. the Hard Truths way
• Why your pay didn’t increase as much as you expected…
• PEA allows “transmission of personal political views on the Internet” – or does it not?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 2 Jun 2016 #spf #eld #lgbt #smrt
• The MRT Saga : Until The Khaw Comes Home
• It’s our fault that the MRT keeps breaking down. We shall repent!
• Joint statement by ELD and SPF on investigation over alleged violation of Cooling-Off Day regulations
• Politics in Singapore: The past five years (and the next three)
• Biology Doesn’t Support Gay Marriage Bans
“If our officers are in plain clothes, they will identify themselves by producing the warrant card.” It is unclear if this is official police protocol but since it comes from the police’s spokesman, one would assume that it is. So, the obvious question is: what is the police’s action if one of its officers failed to adhere to this protocol?
60 million died in World War II. The majority of deaths (62%) were civilians, who lived in the wrong time in the wrong place and died as a result of a decisions of a few leaders who wanted more power. War, and any form of violence, does not benefit anyone, except those sitting in the back row pulling the strings for their own gain.
Here are 7 ways Singaporeans can save money on hotel rooms without
downgrading to budget hotels. Sure, we all know you can save on hotels by
getting the cheapest room available. But for those of us who like the luxury
of working toilets and have issues with bedbugs, it’s about getting a good
hotel for less. Therein lies a true challenge.