I run several online magazines and every once in a while, some displeased individual would write to me and request for a video/photograph/article to be taken down. Threats range from defamation to privacy, annoyingly often misapplying the Personal Data Protection Act. I have refused each one of these requests. For me, a good starting point is the …
If my government’s intention was to instill this fear in me, they did a fantastic job because it is working. This fear has been instilled in me since was I in Primary school.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 11 Jul 2016 #censorship #terrorism #scam #mrt
• Islamic State’s First Terror Attack next to Singapore
• Silence of SMRT, LTA & MoT explained
• Most Hilarious Responses to Lottery and DHL Scammers
• When can Facebook take down your post?
• Preschool kid made to wear hair clip in front of class
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Jul 2016 #parking #terrorism #lta #mrt
• Should We Be Concerned About The Recent Increases In Car Park Charges
• Increase in Car Park Charges – Car Owners Dismay, Investors Cheer
• Defective Trains: “Discuss Things Openly, Tell People The Truth”
• Recalibrating the Islamic State Threat in Southeast Asia
• I Am Afraid Of Terrorism But Not As Much As Muslims Are
Until proven otherwise, it appears that Facebook is only removing posts after receiving reports from users that have cited one of the following infractions;
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 7 Jul 2016 #facebook #lta #china #mrt
• If You’re a Contract Employee in Singapore, Don’t Let Your Employer Cheat You of These 3 Things to Which You’re Now Entitled
• Don’t Anyhow Say: FB Post Stating You Can’t Hold Your Phone While Driving Is Totally Inaccurate
• Made-in-China trains spark safety concerns in Hong Kong, US
• Train defects reveal deeper problems doing business with PRCs
• Facebook: Today S’pore, tom China
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 5 Jul 2016 #censorship #terrorism #ramadan #isis
• Secure Company Buy-In For Lifelong Learning
• ISIS attacks Malaysia
• Grieving faces of Baghdad, Dhaka, Istanbul
• Facebook bans ex-political detainee Teo Soh Lung’s posts in its platform
• Why I refuse to send my four-year-old to extra-curricular classes after school
The deleted phrase was, in my opinion, important. It was a criticism about the Singaporean government’s handling of the Little India riots, which does have to do with integration, the topic addressed in that very same paragraph.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 24 Jun 2016 #ura #hdb #singaporeartsscene #censorship
• Profitable to pay elderly poor to leave S’pore
• Car Park rates to go up
• HDB & URA’s car parks’ income over $600m?
• ‘i know why the rebel sings’
• Facebook removed local socio-political posts which seems to have not violated its Community Standards
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 23 Jun 2016 #youth #healthcare #foreigners #religion
• Is It About Hunger or Bad Bosses?
• Are Doctors Charging More Than They Need To?
• Does citizenship make any difference?
• Pope Francis understands Modern Marriage
• South China Sea: Facts about Asia’s maritime flashpoint