I think all the angst over the Presidency comes from too many people trying to package too many functions (let alone hopes and dreams) into one office.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 30 May 2016 #racism #singlish #eld #alternativemedia
• Singlish debate redux: Gwee Li Sui is the new Phua Chu Kang sans yellow boots
• Hey, are you a Chinese helicopter?
• Racist Chinese?
• SDP calls for fairness in implementation of Cooling-off Day regulations
• Shake-up in the online space
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 9 May 2016 #sdp #pap #bukitbatok #byelecction
• COMMENT: The real winners and losers of Bukit Batok
• Chee Soon Juan’s rebuke of mainstream media after Bukit Batok by-election result is a hoot
• End of the road for Dr Chee Soon Juan?
• This is the beginning of the rise and rise of SDP
• BBBE2016 : The Aftermath – Chee Soon Juan Must Go
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 22 Mar 2016 #sdp #cheebyelection #ns
• How Times Change!
• Calm Down Singaporeans, The Country Is Not The Most Expensive For You
• 2 foreigners living in S’pore tell us what makes them “S’porean”
• Harshness against unemployed manager is unwarranted.
• Chee announces candidacy: Effective TC management top priority
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 11 Feb 2016 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Containing Commercial Sex to Designated Red Light Areas: An idea past its prime?
• The silence of Amos Yee
• You won’t believe how evil some people can be to their maids…
• In memory: Ong Teng Cheong, S’pore’s only people’s president, passed away 14 years ago
• Singapore’s High Ranking on the Heritage Foundation Index Has More to do with US Politics Than with How Free Singapore Actually Is
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 16 Dec 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Small nations making a big splash at Paris talks
• Helping Public Rental Families Own a Home Again
• Tolerance, give and take, in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural society
• SMSD comments on the Singapore Penal Code
• $’pore $ports Hub wanted to charge S$26 million in rental for 35 extra days of NDP rehearsals
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 2 Dec 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Key Lessons in Keyboard Warrior-ism from “Kid-Killing” Advocate Calvin Cheng
• Parents’ unofficial PSLE top-scorer compilation proves kiasuism lives on
• Sinking faith in Batam ferry safety
• Lawrence Khong must delete his Facebook account if he is really against gays
• Open letter from PE resident to AHPETC
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 4 Jun 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #LKY
• NAC, defender of government legitimacy – confessing without a beating?
• The Road To Distinctions Is Paved With Advertisements
• Freedoms, Liberties, Democracy – Why Everyday Singaporeans don’t give a fuck about two of these.
• PAP Trampoline = Precarious And Perpetual Tightrope…for Singaporeans
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 4 Mar 2014 #singapore #oursgconv
• Is Lawrence Khong’s battle flag for victory or for show?
• A Homosexual Islamaphobia and a Muslim Homophobia
• Lessons from the furore over the Little India Bill
• Budget 2014: Let’s get social – or stay economic?
• Big Brother is not watching you, everyone else is
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 3 Mar 2014 #singapore #oursgconv
• Judge, law professor & morality
• COI Week 1 – The hearings so far
• NUS Malay Studies Prof calling lesbianism cancerous
• A sweetener for the Pioneer Generation
• An Exercise In Futility