MEDIA STATEMENT For immediate use 3 December 2017 MARUAH condemns the arrest and prosecution of Jolovan Wham. Civil society activist Jolovan Wham was arrested and charged with organizing public assemblies without a permit, vandalism and refusal to sign statements made to the police. The protests that Mr Wham is charged with leading are well-documented in …
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 14 Dec 2016 #unemploymentinsurance #education #parenting #millennials
Join us. Help break the toxic patterns of a fearful world and embark on a more peaceful, more sustainable future.
Unfairly, this kind of treatment seems to be more prevalent when the woman is a local and the man a foreigner, less so when it’s the other way around.
Why are they telling you that you are not ready for a non-Chinese head of government; but that you are apparently ready for a non-Chinese head of state?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 19 Jul 2016 #racism #ns #terrorism #psle
• PM Lee Highlights Severity of Terror Threat
• Is The Idea Of A “Mother Tongue” Still Relevant?
• ‘Sorry, your wife is Indian, landlord won’t rent to you.’
• Man up, serve your NS and don’t be a baby
• PSLE grading change is meaningless
We hope that WDA’s fair response would put this issue to rest. The exercise isn’t advocating for anyone to be racist, ageist or whatever-ist. It’s to assess whether the course participants have learnt how to communicate and relate effectively in the workplace.
However, the damage was done, Aliya started crying, ‘Ma, they want me to leave the plane because of how I look??…’. I hugged Aliya and held her tight. My older daughter also started crying, saying, ‘Ma, how could they say all that? It was not fair. How could they do this to Aliya?’ I had no answer.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 10 Jun 2016 #internetban #maids #alternativemedia #foreigners
• The narrowing media space in Singapore
• Malaysian saying why they won’t convert to be Singaporean citizen
• Killer maids have been making the news. Would you still hire a helper?
• Why no web: 16 online attacks on G since last year
• Poor public communications, but cybersecurity threat is real
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 12 May 2016 #sdp #nmp #discrimination #panamapapers
• Bukit Batok By Election – The day after
• The Critical 10%
• Employer discrimination is a poison that can corrode our national unity.
• Crime & the Panama Papers
• Shocking that SMU’s Eugene Tan can make such attacks