Things get tricky for freelancers when there aren’t clear contractual terms between the service provider (aka freelancer) and service buyers (aka clients).
The latest stats reveal that there are now over 200,000 own-account holders (aka freelancers) and this number looks like it’s set to keep growing.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 13 Sep 2016 #saf #bilaharikausikan #foreigners #wp
• Defending the SAF brand
• Question in Parliament about…Bilahari?
• FTs: Blame who?
• The Tragic Need For “Trolley Enforcement Officers”
• Using Facebook On The Toilet
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Sep 2016 #electedpresident #tanchengbock #minorities #presidentialelection
• EP changes: Are Presidential elections ‘meritocratic’ in the first place?
• Only a political decision will disqualify Tan Cheng Bock from the next presidential race
• Everything you need to know about the Constitutional Commission’s recommendations for the Elected Presidency in 60 seconds
• The Hangzhou G20 Summit: The Ambiguous Gap between Aspiration & Action
• Do Not Trust The Internet
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 7 Sep 2016 #tharmanshanmugaratnam #primeminister #minorities #duterte
• 12 client problems only freelancers will understand
• In blind defense
• At 59 Tharman is not too old for the PM job
• How Should We Handle Misinformation?
• Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, who smoked pot in 2010 as an MP, is a descendant of William Farquhar
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 17 Jun 2016 #orlandoshooting #lgbt #china #asean
• S’pore is going to grow old faster than any society in the world
• Name and Shame!
• Omar Mateen – Gay, terrorist or patriot?
• Omar Mateen wins
• What China’s Big Nation Complex Means for the Future of Asia
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Jun 2016 #internetban #ida #publicservants #foodragelady
• Singapore Government Bans Internet
• Bad News, Public Servants: IDA To Pull The Plug On Your Internet
• It’s on Facebook! It bashes PAP! IT MUST BE TRUE!
• NO! to Foreign Intervention, or Freedom to Love?
• MSF responds to mother’s allegations that baby was ‘stolen’
The recent closure of a particular film production company has left a group of local freelance film crew frustrated and upset because none of them have been paid for X number of jobs. While I understand that this is an unfortunate situation, I believe something needs to be done for this group of skilled professionals who are not protected by any union or association.