If we’re lacking in minority candidates, then I say the problem lies in the qualifying rounds of the election, so all we should be doing is to ensure that all racial groups get a fair number of candidates into the qualifying pool before we put them up for election.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 24 Aug 2016 #srnathan #rip #pioneergeneration #electedpresident
• S R Nathan’s life is perfect Hollywood material
• Mr S R Nathan: Contributions To Singapore We Might Have Forgotten
• The world of SR Nathan in 1961
• Brainfreeze, Brainstorming and So Stun like Vegetable
• Why The President Had To Be A Malay Always
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 23 Aug 2016 #srnathan #rip #pioneergeneration #electedpresident
• Heartfelt Posts By Singaporeans Remind Us Why S R Nathan Was Truly The “People’s President”
• SR Nathan – Another stalwart passes away
• SR Nathan: Multimillionaire President I never knew
• Own self praise own self = leadership succession?
• COMMENT: Wake-up call for PM and Cabinet
I distinctly remember the feeling of my heart dropping when I watched PM Lee be taken ill on TV. For the few minutes before PMO updated on Facebook that he’s fine, everyone was pretty much shell-shocked.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 22 Aug 2016 #ndr2016 #leehsienloong #healthscare #nationaldayrally
• National Day Rally – Reliving the scary moment
• PM gave us a scare
• S’poreans declare day after National Day Rally 2016 a public holiday so PM Lee can rest
• Top 4+ Nasty Remarks Towards PM Lee Hsien Loong During National Day Rally 2016
• I am a Malay Muslim. What the latest NDR means to me?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 5 Aug 2016 #lawyers #specialneedschildren #foreignaffairs #china
• A disgrace to men- and to lawyers
• Parents of special needs children should not pay any more in school fees than children in mainstream schools
• MP & AREU Chief Desmond Choo keeps mum about RWS’ alleged replacing SGs with M’sians
• China must never go through the trauma of American and Japanese aggression again
• Viral Video Reminds Us That Not All Happy Families Consist Of A Mother, Father And A Few Children
“President Obama should make it clear to Prime Minister Lee that Singapore’s increasing repression of its own people has not gone unnoticed,” said Phil Robertson, deputy Asia director at Human Rights Watch.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 15 Jun 2016 #orlandoshooting #violence #lgbt #civilservantsbonus
• A 0.45 Month Bonus is not the lowest Civil Servant Mid Year Bonus
• The Bane That Is Outsourcing…
• Violence against any group unacceptable: Shanmugam & Goh Chok Tong
• Stop the use of violent metaphors
• Orlando shooting gives LGBT Singaporeans a slight opening
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 10 Jun 2016 #internetban #maids #alternativemedia #foreigners
• The narrowing media space in Singapore
• Malaysian saying why they won’t convert to be Singaporean citizen
• Killer maids have been making the news. Would you still hire a helper?
• Why no web: 16 online attacks on G since last year
• Poor public communications, but cybersecurity threat is real
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 3 May 2016 #sdp #pap #bukitbatok #byelecction
• Some Indians upset that Murali has made himself ‘Chinese’ to endear to voters
• Is Chee Soon Juan a changed man?
• BB By-election: Relax S’poreans/ DNA of PAP and Dr Chee
• COMMENT: Chee Soon Juan’s image problem
• Disgraceful, Grace Fu