In the case of the PHA, it is clear to me – taking the entire parliamentary debate in context – that it was meant to protect vulnerable natural persons, and not powerful entities.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 28 Nov 2016 #psle #nsp #pap #politics
Who do you think should hold them responsible – netizens on social media, journalists or the electorate at the ballot box?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Sep 2016 #electedpresident #tanchengbock #minorities #presidentialelection
• EP changes: Are Presidential elections ‘meritocratic’ in the first place?
• Only a political decision will disqualify Tan Cheng Bock from the next presidential race
• Everything you need to know about the Constitutional Commission’s recommendations for the Elected Presidency in 60 seconds
• The Hangzhou G20 Summit: The Ambiguous Gap between Aspiration & Action
• Do Not Trust The Internet
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 11 Jul 2016 #censorship #terrorism #scam #mrt
• Islamic State’s First Terror Attack next to Singapore
• Silence of SMRT, LTA & MoT explained
• Most Hilarious Responses to Lottery and DHL Scammers
• When can Facebook take down your post?
• Preschool kid made to wear hair clip in front of class
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 5 Jul 2016 #censorship #terrorism #ramadan #isis
• Secure Company Buy-In For Lifelong Learning
• ISIS attacks Malaysia
• Grieving faces of Baghdad, Dhaka, Istanbul
• Facebook bans ex-political detainee Teo Soh Lung’s posts in its platform
• Why I refuse to send my four-year-old to extra-curricular classes after school
One would submit that the post by FAP was made to discredit Dr Chee – using the political credibility of Dr Tan – and to gain political advantage for the PAP candidate on Polling Day itself. And thus, the question is raised: Why is the Elections Department not taking the FAP page owners to task, in the same way it has taken others to task?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 31 May 2016 #amosyee #singlish #foreigndomesticworkers #poverty
• Fresh third party video of Amos Yee being assaulted in Jurong Point emerges
• Defence of Singapore cannot be outsourced?
• Can’t use Singlish, but Indian English can?
• Reliance On Live-In Domestic Workers Reflects Deeper Socio-Economic Malaise
• “Poverty and Inequality in Singapore” by Let’s talk, Singapore
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 22 Jan 2016 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Security Threats Facing Singapore
• We think we know why K Shanmugam made that wide-ranging speech on religion
• Singaporean Muslims praise arrests of 27 radicalised Bangladeshis
• Disservice to Singapore
• PINOY MAIDS MASS BREAKUP WITH BANGLA BOYFRIENDS AFTER S’PORE TERROR ARRESTS
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Jan 2016 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• China’s Reaction to North Korea’s Nuclear Test
• China: A giant kid at financial markets
• AHTC welcomes Court of Appeal’s directions
• MND, HDB slam town council chair over ‘misleading’ statement
• Calvin, Amos & other cyber-vermin: the global perspective