If you read the ST article, it is full of people who support it, except for one female lone ranger who felt such activities may not be appropriate for the younger ones.
Adolescents are rebelliously embracing familiarity. From making the trivial decision of what to have for lunch at a popular Spanish restaurant to figuring out the answers to an essay-writing exam, we want only the tried-and-tested
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 23 Jun 2016 #youth #healthcare #foreigners #religion
• Is It About Hunger or Bad Bosses?
• Are Doctors Charging More Than They Need To?
• Does citizenship make any difference?
• Pope Francis understands Modern Marriage
• South China Sea: Facts about Asia’s maritime flashpoint
If you find yourself chronically suffering from Sunday night and Monday blues, it’s time to spend some time taking a good hard look at your life and start planning your own MAP to find your ikigai.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 20 Jun 2016 #racism #lgbt #youth #coolingoffday
• 3 Reasons Young Singaporeans are Shunning Traditional Jobs for Entrepreneurship
• NSmen should be given education subsidies, rather than ASEAN scholars!
• Jason Chua investigated, so what?
• Singaporean Indian man faced racist comments from 5-year-old child in MRT
• G’s response on foreign sponsorship doesn’t clarify anything
To me, I think the most unfortunate thing when a respected leader like DPM Tharman puts out such subjective stereotypes about our younger generation is that the following host of cognitive biases and logical fallacies will come together to cloud our judgment even more, causing us to make irrational conclusions and hence, decisions involving people.
“We must also develop a less hierarchical culture – one that empowers every individual, and helps them to see how their ideas, their experiments and their efforts to do the job well contribute to the whole enterprise.”
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 22 Feb 2016 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Youth in Singapore are learning how to be idealistic in a pragmatic society
• If you want the idealism of our youth, you can scrape it off the classroom floor
• Throwback: Not Getting Our Hands Dirty
• MAKING SG UNCOMFORTABLE… THIS CAMPAIGN
• Majulah campaign a nationalistic propaganda tool
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 26 Nov 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Why You Should Stop Calling Gen Y the Strawberry Generation
• COMMENT: Singapore maintains ban on 1970s soft porn
• “Ban Brewing of Herbal Soup in HDB Flats, My Neighbour Brews Soup Every Day and It’s Making Me Ill”
• Singaporean Cybercrime Victims Are Losing More Money Than The Global Average
• Media Literacy Council member makes troubling statements involving the killing of children
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 29 Oct 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Beware the rise of the durian generation
• HR replies a Singaporean’s complaints abt Job Hunting
• Is Singapore’s tripartism a well-played game?
• What is the problem with SMRT?
• Set Up Committee to Address Persistent Perceptions of Racial Discrimination