Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 14 Dec 2016 #unemploymentinsurance #education #parenting #millennials
Things get tricky for freelancers when there aren’t clear contractual terms between the service provider (aka freelancer) and service buyers (aka clients).
CMPU said it was “deeply concerned that union was informed about the impending retrenchments and rightsizing only half an hour before the townhall meeting”.
Why do we have to declare things like chronic illnesses, disabilities and even pregnancies when we apply for a job?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Sep 2016 #electedpresident #tanchengbock #minorities #presidentialelection
• EP changes: Are Presidential elections ‘meritocratic’ in the first place?
• Only a political decision will disqualify Tan Cheng Bock from the next presidential race
• Everything you need to know about the Constitutional Commission’s recommendations for the Elected Presidency in 60 seconds
• The Hangzhou G20 Summit: The Ambiguous Gap between Aspiration & Action
• Do Not Trust The Internet
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 7 Sep 2016 #tharmanshanmugaratnam #primeminister #minorities #duterte
• 12 client problems only freelancers will understand
• In blind defense
• At 59 Tharman is not too old for the PM job
• How Should We Handle Misinformation?
• Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, who smoked pot in 2010 as an MP, is a descendant of William Farquhar
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 10 Dec 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) to guard against false flag operations during POT
• 2015 Key Events In Singapore
• 6 people who were not born in Singapore but you will embrace as Singaporeans anytime
• WP wants an explicit timeline…and here’s the outbreak timeline
• Poet rejects arts funding in Singapore amid censorship debate
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 3 Nov 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Youth unemployment – where’s the evidence?
• 12 things that will impact workers in the coming years…
• The Cowboy Minister of Transport
• Education is not a market, students are not our customers
• Reflections: Why do we travel?
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 29 Oct 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• Beware the rise of the durian generation
• HR replies a Singaporean’s complaints abt Job Hunting
• Is Singapore’s tripartism a well-played game?
• What is the problem with SMRT?
• Set Up Committee to Address Persistent Perceptions of Racial Discrimination
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 28 Oct 2015 #singapore #sgelections #SG50 #Haze
• The middle-aged middle manager in the middle-class muddle
• Unions are no longer relevant in Singapore
• Unions for foreign workers, can happen but will it?
• An economist destroys arguments for regulating Uber in Singapore
• Hep C Saga: Difference between review committee and committee of inquiry