Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 21 Oct 2016 #jobs #suicide #school #gurkhas
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 8 Sep 2016 #electedpresident #tanchengbock #minorities #presidentialelection
• EP changes: Are Presidential elections ‘meritocratic’ in the first place?
• Only a political decision will disqualify Tan Cheng Bock from the next presidential race
• Everything you need to know about the Constitutional Commission’s recommendations for the Elected Presidency in 60 seconds
• The Hangzhou G20 Summit: The Ambiguous Gap between Aspiration & Action
• Do Not Trust The Internet
Adolescents are rebelliously embracing familiarity. From making the trivial decision of what to have for lunch at a popular Spanish restaurant to figuring out the answers to an essay-writing exam, we want only the tried-and-tested
Feeling anxious over a competition, promotion, or a possible love partner is not necessarily negative; it actually proves how much you value your pursuit.
Now I know what you are going to say – yes there is a difference between a child who scores badly in an exam because he simply didn’t revise and a child who has tried his very best but still fails because he is, well, plain stupid. However, the problem with Asian parents is that they tend to go into denial.
Regardless of what age or which generation we are in, I think there are some timeless values and work ethics that we should all have – humility, learn from everyone and in every situation, taking the initiative, ask, believe that there’s no tasks too big nor small, do our best in everything, help one another, persevere in the face of adversity, criticism, and failure.
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 23 Jun 2016 #youth #healthcare #foreigners #religion
• Is It About Hunger or Bad Bosses?
• Are Doctors Charging More Than They Need To?
• Does citizenship make any difference?
• Pope Francis understands Modern Marriage
• South China Sea: Facts about Asia’s maritime flashpoint
Daily SG – What everyone is talking about: 22 Jun 2016 #mnd #lifts #publictransport #sph
• And govt wants to encourage fintech?/ PAP is never wrong
• The struggle after work
• #SGProblems – Got Featured In Newspaper, Can’t Share It On Blog
• Not uplifting
• Frequent lift breakdowns and killer lift confirm MPs unfit to be estate managers
Success depends largely on the individual’s intrinsic motivations to actually want to get ahead in life, and one’s academic achievements does not equate with the amount of hunger he or she possesses for success in life.
If you find yourself chronically suffering from Sunday night and Monday blues, it’s time to spend some time taking a good hard look at your life and start planning your own MAP to find your ikigai.